A quick guide for all of the parking, pricing, and information you need for the Santa Monica pier.
The Santa Monica Pier is a Southern California icon that has been attracting visitors for over a century. Located on the Santa Monica Bay, the pier is home to a variety of attractions, including an amusement park, shops, restaurants, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
There are a number of parking lots located near the Santa Monica Pier. Parking can be expensive, but there are a few options available to help you save money.
One option is to park in one of the metered parking spots on the street. Metered parking is available on Ocean Avenue and Colorado Avenue, which are located just a short walk from the pier. Metered parking costs $2 per hour, and you can pay with coins or a credit card.
Another option is to park in one of the municipal parking lots. There are two municipal parking lots located near the pier: the Municipal Pier Parking Lot and the Ocean Avenue Parking Lot. The Municipal Pier Parking Lot costs $5 per hour, and the Ocean Avenue Parking Lot costs $6 per hour. Daily parking can cost $7 to $18 per day (price varies based on day and season; no in and out privileges) You can pay for parking at these lots with coins, credit cards, or a smartphone app.
Santa Monica beach parking is broken down into the following three Zones:
- Southern Zone: Lot 4 South and Lot 5 South
- Central Zone: Lot 1 North (also referred to as the “beach lot”), Lot 3 North, Lot 1 South, Lot 2 South and Lot 3 South
- Northern Zone: Lot 4 North through Lot 9 North
If you are visiting the pier during the off-season, you may be able to find free parking on the street. However, parking spaces are limited, so it is important to arrive early.
For real time parking information go here.
Pricing at the Santa Monica Pier and Pacific Park
The prices at the Santa Monica Pier vary depending on the attraction. Some of the most popular attractions, such as the Ferris wheel and carousel, have a set price. Other attractions, such as the arcade games and food vendors, charge per ride or per item.
Here is a sample of pricing for some of the most popular attractions at the Santa Monica Pier in Pacific Park:
- Ferris wheel: $10
- Carousel: $5
- Arcade games: $0.25-$2.00
- Food vendors: $5-$15
Amusement Park at the Santa Monica Pier
The Santa Monica Pier amusement park is home to a variety of rides and attractions, including thrilling roller coasters, family-friendly rides, and arcade games.
Some of the most popular rides at the amusement park include:
- Pacific Wheel: A giant Ferris wheel that offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
- West Coaster: A wooden roller coaster that is one of the most popular rides in the park.
- Tidal Wave: A water ride that takes riders on a thrilling journey through a series of waterfalls and rapids.
- SkyWheel: A giant observation wheel that offers panoramic views of Santa Monica and the surrounding area. The SkyWheel is lit up at night with varying displays.
The amusement park also has a number of family-friendly rides, such as the carousel, bumper cars, and kiddie rides.
The Pier’s Arcade
The Santa Monica Pier arcade is a classic arcade experience. It is home to a variety of classic arcade games, such as Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and Galaga. The arcade is also home to a number of newer games, such as Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero. There are also a number of the brand new coin and marble pusher games.
The arcade is a great place to spend an afternoon or evening. It is a fun and affordable way to entertain the whole family.
The games can cost anywhere from $0.25-$3.00. The classic games give you a lot of gaming time if you have the skill.
What restaurants on the Santa Monica Pier
The Santa Monica Pier is home to a variety of restaurants, offering a range of cuisines from casual to fine dining. Here is a list of some of the most popular restaurants on the pier:
- Mariasol: Margaritas and Mexican food at the end of the pier. This is the restaurant with the best views on the pier.
- Pier Burgers: A classic American burger joint.
- The Albright: Seafood by the ocean what could be better.
- Rusty’s Surf Ranch: A bar and grill with live music
- The Lobster: A seafood restaurant that specializes in lobster rolls.
- Seaside on the pier: An amazing sandwich shop and grill
- Bubba Gump Shrimp: The iconic chain restaurant that celebrates the movie Forest Gump
- Japadog: It is a kioski serving hot dogs, but man is it good and its world famous.
- Hot dog on a stick: Last on the list if the famous and first hot dog on a stick corn dog establishment
Do not forget to ride the Santa Monica Pier Carousel
The Santa Monica Pier Carousel is one of the most iconic attractions on the pier. The carousel was built in 1922 by the Allan Herschell Company, and it is one of the oldest operating carousels in the United States.
The carousel features 68 hand-carved wooden horses, each of which is unique. The horses are painted in bright colors and have elaborately decorated saddles.
The carousel is a popular attraction for both children and adults. It is a great place to take a ride and enjoy the nostalgia of a bygone era.
Santa Monica Pier Fishing Information
Fishing is allowed from the Santa Monica Pier, but there are a few restrictions in place.
- Fishing licenses are required. You can purchase a fishing license online or at most sporting goods stores.
- Only artificial lures are allowed. Live bait is not allowed.
- Fishing is prohibited within 50 feet of the pier’s pilings.
- Fishing is prohibited during the winter months (November 15 to March 15).
If you are interested in fishing from the Santa Monica Pier, be sure to check the pier’s website for more information.