The Venice Beach Holiday Boat Parade is a beloved tradition, drawing crowds of thousands each year to witness the spectacle of illuminated vessels cruising along the Intracoastal Waterway. While there are many great spots to view the parade, nothing beats watching from a cozy bar with a delicious drink in hand. Here’s our guide to the top bars for catching the Venice Beach Holiday Boat Parade:
1. Pops Sunset Grill:
Pops Sunset Grill is a perennial favorite for viewing the parade, and for good reason. This waterfront restaurant boasts a spacious deck offering unobstructed views of the illuminated vessels, making it the perfect spot to soak in the festive atmosphere. The food menu features fresh seafood, juicy steaks, and delicious pasta dishes, while the bar offers a wide selection of cocktails, beers, and wines.
2. Crow’s Nest:
Crow’s Nest is another excellent option for catching the parade, with a rooftop bar that provides stunning panoramic views of the Intracoastal Waterway. The vibe is lively and festive, with live music playing on the weekends. The menu features classic American fare, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads
3. Pelican Alley:
Pelican Alley is a laid-back bar and restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere and a large outdoor patio that’s perfect for watching the parade. The menu features a variety of seafood dishes, as well as pizzas, salads, and sandwiches. The bar offers a good selection of beers on tap, as well as cocktails and frozen drinks.
4. Dockside Waterfront Grill:
Dockside Waterfront Grill offers a casual setting with a large outdoor deck overlooking the water. The menu features fresh seafood dishes, as well as burgers, sandwiches, and salads. The bar offers a good selection of beers on tap, as well as cocktails and frozen drinks.
5. The Venice Beach Tiki Bar:
For a unique and festive experience, head to the Venice Beach Tiki Bar. This lively bar features a tropical atmosphere with tiki torches, thatched roofs, and colorful decorations. The menu features Polynesian-inspired dishes, as well as burgers, sandwiches, and salads. The bar offers a wide selection of tropical cocktails, as well as beers and wines.
6. The Venice Ale House:
The Venice Ale House is a great option for beer lovers, with a huge selection of craft beers on tap. The bar also offers a full menu of delicious pub food, including pizzas, burgers, and sandwiches. The outdoor patio provides a comfortable spot to watch the parade.
7. The Venice Beach Winery:
For a more sophisticated experience, head to The Venice Beach Winery. This cozy wine bar offers a selection of local and international wines, as well as small plates and charcuterie boards. The bar has a relaxed atmosphere and a small outdoor patio that’s perfect for watching the parade.
Planning Your Visit:
The Venice Beach Holiday Boat Parade takes place on Saturday, December 3rd, 2023, at 6:00 PM. The parade route begins at the Venice Municipal Fishing Pier and travels north along the Intracoastal Waterway to the Venice Jetty.
Here are some tips for planning your visit:
- Make reservations early: Many of the bars listed above will be popular for the parade, so be sure to make reservations early to ensure a good spot.
- Arrive early: The parade route gets crowded, so be sure to arrive early to find parking and secure a good spot.
- Bring cash: Some of the bars may not accept credit cards, so be sure to bring cash for drinks and tips.
- Dress warmly: The weather can be unpredictable in December, so be sure to dress warmly in layers.
- Bring a blanket or chairs: If you plan on sitting on the ground, be sure to bring a blanket or chairs.
- Be patient: The parade route is crowded, so be patient with the crowds.
Here are some additional resources for planning your visit to the Venice Beach Holiday Boat Parade:
- Venice Chamber of Commerce: https://www.venicechamber.com/
- Venice MainStreet: https://www.visitvenicefl.org/
- Venice Boat Parade: https://www.venicegov.com/Home/Components/Calendar/Event/5646/